Key Stage 1
Welcome to key Stage 1.
Key Stage 1 is made up of Year 1 and Year 2. Our children are aged from 5 to 7 years old.
In Key Stage 1 children follow a thematic curriculum and have five themes a year enabling children to make links between subjects. Mathematics and English are taught along with Science, ICT, Art, DT and PE.
The Reading Scheme followed in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 is the Oxford Reading Tree.
Reading and phonics workshops for parents are arranged to support so that you can effectively and confidently support your child's learning at home in these areas.
Phonics is taught every day to ensure the children make progress. The programme is organised into six phases progressing from initial sounds, blending and segmenting sounds to strategies to support spelling. The phonics scheme adopted by the school is Phonics Play.
Find out more about our learning in Key Stage 1:
- Key Stage 1 Curriculum Map
- Year 1 - English Target Book
- Year 1 - Maths Target Book
- Year 2 - English Target Book
- Year 2 - Maths Target Book
- Spelling and English Online Activities and Games - March 2019
- Spelling Workshop Recommended Authors/Books - November 2018
All documents above are pdf files.